Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another bad week...

Just got an email from mom, she had her counts take again this morning, after the blood transfusion last Thursday. And after only 3 hrs she already has been told that:

"Chemo for this week cancelled again because [her]counts are EVEN lower than before! As a result [she is] very high risk for infections so [she is] supposed to wear a mask.... she's waiting to see if [her doctor] wants to give [her] growth factors to stimulate production of these cells OR still just wait and see how long it takes for them to come up on their own ..."


Needless to say my schedule has changed yet again, and I am getting more and more frusterated with this situation-NOT at my mom just at the disease and her cells that are preventing her from moving forward in this process.

So prayers for her counts to bounce back so she can start chemo (Round 2), and patience and peace for all of us, as well as good health for my mom and sister would be appreciated.

And if you have some free time I could use some company this week. I keep tightening my schedule so I am available for my mom during chemo and it keeps being postponed so I could use some distraction. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment