Good evening team! Looks like it's been quite the delay on my part since my last post, just haven't had much to update you on so didn't want to type meaningless info. Not too much in the way of major updates on mom-still in a waiting period for her heart to improve so we can head to transplant. Though her counts are doing MARVELOUS (daily exponential improvement!) and as a result she's only going to clinic twice a week! Yay mom!!!These past few weeks as I have been preparing to celebrate on Sunday with my mom, I have also been thinking of four lovely ladies who I know who will be giving birth to their own lovely little ones during the next few weeks. With the young lives entering this world I have taken time to stop and think about all of those who I have lost during my life time, how many lives each of them effected, and how short our time on this earth is. Each life and each death bring with them a renewed hope of our purpose in this world. To serve for a positive good in the lives of those around us. Quite the overwhelming thought to have over a few weeks-if I do say so myself. And with it came a renewed frustration at my compassion fatigue for those around me. Which is not to say that I am completely emotionally withdrawn from those around me, I just have had a harder time empathizing recently-with the exception of my mom, of course.
Back to the point of this blog. Mothers. Mine is doing well. :) She is loving her brief vacation from the hospital at her house and is starting to be granted permission to be more adventurous-taking short walks in the lovely spring air and observing breath taking gardens from a distance. In fact, part of our celebration tomorrow is going to be us looking for beautiful gardens in the area for us to enjoy-without having to dig around in the dirt. (Riskiness of infection and all...)
(Haven't seen the flowers blooming this much, YET, but I know they're on their way! 60-70 degree weather the last 3 days seems to be helping them along...) :)



Other recent adventures with mom, outside her house, have been shopping at "down times" at the grocery store-mom zooming past me in a shooter. (She does WONDERFUL walking but neither of us wanted her to push herself beyond her limit, shopping can be quite the lengthy adventure on one's feet.) And also a brief jaunt over to a not-so-busy Target, by her house, to peruse the incoming spring attire-during which time we found her a lovely "St Bart's" styled sun hat! Which, when worn, makes her look like she just got back from the Caribbean on a lovely cruise...Perfect for a vacation at home!
Other than time with mom, I have been continuing to work the two jobs and trying to catch up on some wonderful outdoor (and some indoor) exercise with friends. In fact, besides a jog/walk with one of my best friends I also tried out a new activity: Laughing Yoga-minimal impact yoga with major cardio and abdominal results! It is what the title suggests constant laughter. (See John Cleese's adventure with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEfjVnYkqM and wikipedia's definition of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laughter_Yoga). Highly recommend it-specially if you are able to recruit a couple of giggling pals to go with you! It's been a busy month so far, curious what the rest of it will hold for me. Well Happy Mother's Day and joyous spring to all of you!All my love,
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment